OK, the details on the TyranoBuilder Summer Game Jam have been released! The key points are as follows:
- The jam has a theme and the theme is: united by fate.
- The game should have a playing time of only about 30 minutes.
- It is not necessary to have multiple routes.
- Although it goes without saying, the game has to be made with TB and you can’t include assets in it that you aren’t allowed to use.
- There is a prize pool of a $1000 split into 4 categories.
I’m glad about the third point, because my aim would be to tell a story and not create a complex Choose Your Own Adventure tale. And besides, the judges will supposedly only have time to go through one route of each game anyway, so making more than one route will not be of any real benefit. However, 30 minutes playing time is not very long; the visual novel that I’ve been working on for the last few days will be quite a lot longer than that. So that means I will have to come up with a new idea for this jam. Fortunately, I already have a rough concept that I think will fit the requirements of the jam quite nicely. I’ll post details on it once I have something to show, such as some concept art.
Till next time, au revoir, arrivederci and may the force be with you!